Title: Accounts Assistant
Reports to: Accounts Officer, Executive Director
In the run up to the European Capital of Culture year in 2018, the Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of an Accounts Assistant to join in the coordination of the Valletta 2018 Foundation’s financial matters.
The Accounts Assistant will be working in a very busy office on a Contract for Service basis until the end of May 2018.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting management in the implementation of financial management reforms, particularly those relating to accrual accounting;
- Processing invoices and other payments, and authorising departmental requisitions, Local Purchase Orders and Payment Vouchers;
- Processing virements of funds across budgetary items and raising Transfer Schedules and Transfer and Adjustment Vouchers through the Departmental Accounting System;
- Compiling periodic reports including quarterly accrual accounting reports, monthly revised estimates, Treasury cashflow projections and other financial reports as required;
- Reviewing management accounts, cash flow statements and other financial reports presented to the Corporate Services Directorate;
- Supervising and assisting as necessary in the issue and closing of overseas travel advances and the subsequent reimbursement procedures, where applicable;
- Assisting in select duties related to EU funds;
- Assisting in the procurement related to travel;
- Assisting in the procurement related to electronics;
- Assisting management in the daily running of the Accounts Unit;
- Providing supervision to staff members performing duties under his/her responsibility;
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the Valletta 2018 Foundation;
- The selected candidate shall, for the period during which he/she is performing such duties, be accountable to the Executive Director of the Foundation.
- Must be able to communicate and write well in the Maltese and English languages
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and orally.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Self-motivation and integrity.
- An analytical and logical approach to problem solving.
- ability to work on your own initiative as well within a team
- motivated and ambitious.
- Must be able to work according to set deadlines
- Must be in possession of a clean police conduct
- Prior experience in accountancy is a must
- Knowledge of various accountancy software will be considered an asset
Contract and salary
This position is available on a Contract for Service basis (i.e. freelance against VAT) for a definite period of time. The person will be expected to work an average of 40 hours per week from the premises of the Valletta 2018 Foundation. The person selected for this role will be required to work between 08:30 -17:30 with a one-hour break from Monday to Friday.
The salary package for this position is €8850.42 (excluding VAT) for a period of 6 months.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, applications can be delivered by hand to the Valletta 2018 Foundation offices, Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta. Deadline for submission is Friday 17th November 2017 at noon.