Title: Environmental Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
The Valletta 2018 Foundation, responsible for the implementation of Valletta’s title of European Capital of Culture 2018, requires the services of a part-time Environmental Officer.
Objective of the job:
During and in the run up to the European Capital of Culture year in 2018, the Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of an Environmental Officer to join a busy and energetic team in the coordination of the Cultural Programme for 2018.
The Environmental Officer will be responsible to guide the Valletta 2018 Programme towards more sustainable and environmentally conscious practices.
The Environmental Officer will responsible to coordinate and implement a sustainability policy with the Foundation staff and its projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Liaising with external sustainability consultants working with the Foundation
· Building short and long-term operational planning that incorporates sustainable practices
· Acting as an internal sustainability trainer to educate production teams, coordinators and partners in sustainable practices.
· Solution-finding on behalf of production teams to assist in implementation of the policy
· Conducting an analysis of the effectiveness of sustainability initiatives in place and developing and implementing systems to measure their progress
· Monitor events produced and co-produced by the Foundation to make sure environmental policies are in place and are being adhered to
· Liaise and coordinate with third-party service providers to ensure successful implementation of the policy
· Liaise with the communications and marketing teams to promote specific marketing strategies
· Liaise with the relevant departments including the Research and Volunteers Departments.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Experience in implementing successful sustainable events initiatives,
· A Degree in a relevant field,
· Experience of working/volunteering in the environmental sectors and leading others to change,
· Experience in coordinating operational planning for multiple groups
· Experience in managing a programme and implementing a successful monitoring and evaluation framework
· Experience of coaching, supporting or training internal and external staff and suppliers
· Must have good communication skills
· Must be self-motivated and able to motivate staff at all levels
· Must have proven analytical skills and good report writing skills
· Must be IT Literate
· Must be in possession of a clean police conduct
· Must be familiar with environmental policies and laws
· Must be available to work during weekends and during non-working hours
Terms and Conditions
Contract and Salary
This post is on a contract for services on a definite basis (Freelance against VAT) and will not be subject to renewal.
The successful candidate will be expected to work on a part time (two days per week).
Payment will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are to send an application letter together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae on firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Monday 10th July 2017, noon.
Applicants should clearly specify they are applying for the post of “Environmental Officer” in the subject of their email.
This is a contract for services, 2 days per week based at the Valletta 2018 Office.