Position: Programme Administrator (Tal-Kultura Volunteer Programme)
Contract Period: Jul 2017 – Dec 2018
In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. In the lead up to this year, SOS Malta and the Valletta 2018 Foundation have created a nationwide volunteering programme to involve citizens more fully in ensuring the 2018 cultural calendar is a success. This programme seeks to mobilise volunteers to engage in the Valletta 2018 cultural programme through a fun and enthusiastic brand. The initiative shall contribute to a lasting legacy of volunteerism in Malta which will, in turn, make volunteerism more central to the national cultural policy and programming. 2018 is just around the corner so we are acting fast trying to identify a committed, dynamic and experienced Programme Administrator to help the SOS Malta team to ensure the success of this volunteering scheme that will be branded Tal-Kultura.
The Programme Administrator will be working under the guidance of the Programme Manager to carry out the following tasks:
- Attending committees and meetings as required by the role;
- Minute taking of meetings attended and conducted and any reporting thereafter;
- Assisting in writing funding bids and fundraising to develop Tal-Kultura;
- Report writing for donors;
- Regular updating and management of the volunteer database
- Assisting in the organisation of profile-raising events, activities or initiatives to train and attract new volunteers;
- Email correspondence;
- Sourcing of quotations where necessary;
- Liaising with other Valletta 2018 departments as well as relevant entities
Assisting with Volunteer Management
- Assisting the Programme Manager and Programme Officer with the recruitment, organisation of training, monitoring, supporting, motivating and accrediting volunteers and their work;
- Assisting with scheduling of meetings, training, and events;
- Assisting at events when/if necessary;
Assisting with Communications and Social Media
- Assisting with social media; writing and uploading content as well as monitoring
- Drafting content for the newsletter
- Experience of working within the voluntary sector
- Understanding and appreciation of the arts and the culture sector;
- Good verbal and written communication skills including report writing and media work
- Ability to communicate fluently in English;
- Project administration experience including experience of report writing and communications
- Good IT skills;
- Driving License.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field;
- Ability to communicate in Maltese;
- Experience of working within cultural institutions or the arts;
- Working within volunteer structures;
- Experience of fundraising;
- Knowledge of European languages;
- Knowledge and experience in communications and marketing.
Contract and Salary
- This post is on a fixed term contract of one year and 5 months . This is a full time post with 40hours per week expected. However, the nature of the post might require working flexible hours (evenings and weekends) especially during 2018 as required by events and activities;
- The salary offered will be commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the person employed.
- This person will be recruited and managed by SOS Malta, and in particular the Tal-Kultura Programme Manager and will form part of the SOS Malta team. This person will be expected to work closely with the Valletta 2018 team.
- This programme is being organised and implemented by SOS Malta.
- Please send a covering letter setting out how you fulfill the needs of the role together with your CV to JD Farrugia at email@example.com or by post to JD Farrugia, Valletta 2018, The Exchange Building, Republic Street, Valletta VLT1117.
- Deadline for applications is Wednesday 31st May 2017 at noon.