In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. The ECoC will include all the Maltese Islands, with an aim to spread the impacts throughout the whole Maltese territory.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the Cultural Programme, which will enable the participation of the citizens of Malta and Europe and will form an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta. The Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of a Data Analyst to work closely with the Research team over the period September 2016 to June 2019 inclusive.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinate and discuss with Project Managers responsible for projects and events on collection of information;
- Coordinate with Tal-Kultura team to engage and brief volunteers for data collection;
- Prepare, distribute and coordinate return of feedback forms;
- Visit event (as necessary) to monitor data collection;
- Input data and save for records purposes;
- Prepare analysis of project/event and present main findings through reporting an d presentations;
- Assist the research team in the preparation of reports and presentations relating to the Crowd Counting exercise;
- Attending committees and meetings as required by the role, particularly, but not exclusive to, the Evaluation & Monitoring Research Programme;
- Assist the Research Team with other aspects of the Evaluation and Monitoring research process and other research projects;
- Writing other reports and preparing presentations as necessary;
- Reporting when requested to the Executive Director and / or Chairman of the Foundation;
The Data Analyst will have the following experience and qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with quantitative research data collection and methods;
- Computer skills including Excel and statistical package;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, Maltese and ideally another European language;
- Experience of working in a related statistical and analytical environment;
- A minimum of EQF Level 5 Education;
- Understanding and appreciation of the arts and the cultural sector;
- Driving License and own transport;
The Data Analyst should have the following qualities
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Works on own initiative;
- Available and willing to work long hours without direct supervision;
- Can work evenings and weekends;
- Can be flexible in terms of availability at short notice;
- Can work under pressure.
This post is a contract for service contract on a definite basis.
The selected candidate will be required to work for as follows:
- An average of 10 hours per week Sept – Dec 2016
- An average of 15 hours per week during 2017
- An average of 25 hours per week during 2018
- An average of 15 hours per week during Jan – June 2019. (To be confirmed in 2018).
Interested applicants should submit application letter and Curriculum Vitae on email@example.com with subject ‘Data Analyst Post’ by not later than Monday 5th September, noon (UTC+01:00).