The Valletta 2018 Foundation would like to invite Photographers to submit their interest to be added to the list of external service providers of the Foundation.
The Photographers will be photographing the events in relation to the projects within Valletta 2018’s cultural programme. These will include all events organized by the Valletta 2018 Foundation. These service providers will work in liaison with the Valletta 2018 Communications team, according to the project’s scope and objectives, on time, within budget and according to the Foundation’s rules and regulations.
The Expression of Interest should include a statement detailing suitability for the role and any relevant experience in the field. A portfolio and suggested hourly rate (inclusive of VAT) together with a statement of availability should also be included along with a portfolio of work with similar events. Prospective agencies and individuals must be registered with the VAT department.
The Expression of Interest is to be sent via email to email@example.com by Monday 27th March. Clarifications may be sought via email by the 21st March 2017.
- Photographers are to deliver High Resolution Images directly after the event;
- Any editing that needs to happen should to be done within 24 hours after the event;
- The photographer is expected to hand over at least 50 professional, artistic photos. If any of them are edited, the original copies are to be handed in separately from the above mentioned number;
- Photos delivered should have a resolution of a minimum of 300 dpi, 10MB, and 2480 X 3508 pixels;
- Photographers are responsible of meeting the brief each and every time. The photographer will need to work with the Foundation to discuss what images are required and how they are going to be used;
- Photographers should be able to deliver RAW Images when asked for by the Foundation.
- Photographers are to be flexible with further editing performed by the Foundation after photo delivery;
- If photographers intend on adding filters to photos, unedited images must also be supplied to the Foundation;
- Photographers are to seek out appropriate photographic subjects and artistic shots
- Photographers are to carry out research and prepare for a shoot including looking at location/conference hall to check for lighting to prepare for further equipment needed;
- Photographers are to be able to work in different locations and in different circumstances to get the right image;
- Photographers should own an extensive range of technical equipment, including cameras, lenses, lighting and specialist software;
- Photographers are to communicate with photographic subjects, putting them at ease, encouraging them and directing them; as well as arranging still life objects, products, scenes, props and backgrounds;
- The photographer is responsible for liaising with other professionals employed by the Foundation, including graphic designers, writers, gallery managers, picture researchers, editors and art directors;
- The photographer is also expected to manage the processing and use of images, discuss technical problems, check for quality and deal with the Foundation’s concerns;
- Photographers should be able to have a clear idea of traditional film and photography while be well versed and up to date with industry trends, developments and new techniques especially in digital formats;
- Photographers should be able to use software to digitally enhance images, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults or moving objects around;
- Apart from photographing venue and audience members, photographers are to capture Tal-Kultura volunteers (if there are any present) interacting with the audience and in action performing their tasks such as preparing for events, photographing, hosting etc.;
- All photos commissioned and given to the Foundation belong to the aforementioned Foundation thereafter. No photos taken during events and given to the foundation are to be used on the photographer’s personal social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.;
- If personal photos are taken and posted on said Social Media outlets, the photographer needs to keep in mind the Foundation’s work and make sure captions reflect this.
The photographers will be required to possess their own work space and equipment as well as any applicable insurances. Briefing sessions or upgrade meetings will be held at the Valletta 2018 Foundation offices in Valletta.
Negotiation of Contract
Following consideration of a quotation, the Valletta 2018 Foundation will negotiate a finalised scope of work, agreed price and conditions of contract. Photographers will be engaged on a Contract for Service basis. However, the Valletta 2018 Foundation is not bound to proceed to contract. The scope of this call is for Photographers to be added to a list of external service providers of the Foundation. Nevertheless, this does not provide the certainty that these service providers will eventually be employed by the Foundation.
Expression of Interest
When submitting a quote, the candidate should provide:
- Contact details
- Statement of suitability and relevant experience in the field
- Itemised list of services and applicable fees
- Statement of current commitments/availability