In the run up to establishing Valletta as a European Capital of Culture, Malta’s cultural programme has become a primary focus for the Valletta 2018 Foundation. One of the primary functions of the Foundation is to develop and implement a cultural programme reflecting the goals and objectives as set out in the Valletta 2018 bid book.
To help promote this and disseminate information in a creative, engaging and strategic way, the Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of an in-house Graphic Designer. Forming part of the communications team and working alongside the programming and research departments, the designer will need to work extensively with the Adobe Creative Suite.
The Expression of Interest should include a statement detailing suitability for the role and any relevant experience in the field. A curriculum vitae and suggested hourly rate (inclusive of VAT) together with a statement of availability should also be included. Prospective candidates must be registered with the VAT department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be fully up to date with all Valletta 2018 programming and individual projects including Tal-Kultura volunteers programme, always with particular attention to future projects and events;
- Representing the brand correctly within the parameters provided; being a brand ambassador.
- Generating designs from concept stage to final delivery and actively contributing to the creative process
- Brainstorming and creating mock ups of design ideas.
- Presenting ideas to the communications team and other members of staff as necessary
- Liaising with Valletta 2018 Foundation officers and staff members as well as external suppliers, printers and creative agencies
- Any other task as assigned by the Foundation.
Candidate skills and attributes
- An excellent understanding of composition and typography and an eye for composition, design and aesthetics
- Have a “get it done” attitude and the ability to work under minimal supervision
- A minimum of 2 years of work-related experience in graphic design
- A University degree or an MCAST qualification in digital media or similar
- Possess a creative mindset and the ability to work well under pressure, completing tasks efficiently, and handling tight deadlines
- Conversant with design software especially Adobe CS
- Experience in video editing would be considered an asset
This position requires a freelance commitment working flexibly within an office environment and remotely.
Expression of Interest
When submitting a quote, the candidate should provide:
Curriculum Vitae (including VAT number)
Statement of suitability and relevant experience in the field
Suggested hourly rate, inclusive of VAT (if applicable).
Statement of current commitments/availability
Clarifications may be sought via email by the Thursday 9th June on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested to join our run up to 2018, please forward your CV by not later than Friday 10th June with subject title ‘Graphic Designer Post’ to email@example.com.