In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. The ECoC will include all the Maltese Islands, with an aim to spread the impacts throughout the whole Maltese territory.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the Cultural Programme, which will enable the participation of the citizens of Malta and Europe and will form an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta. The Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking to engage the services of a Marketing Officer who will be required to plan and implement marketing strategies for various projects taking place in the run up to and during 2018.
The Marketing Officer will act under the guidance and supervision of the Valletta 2018 Communications team, but will be expected to work on his or her own initiative, in liaison with other teams, with drive and enthusiasm.
The main duties of the Marketing Officer are:
- To support the Communications Coordinator in planning and undertaking marketing and communications duties to contribute to the organisation’s media projects.
- Identifying opportunities and developing appropriate plans and approaches
- Developing marketing and communications activities through research and implementation.
- Overseeing the design and delivery of marketing materials such as flyers, banners and adverts, amongst others.
- Administering marketing and communications programmes and campaigns for a range of audiences to achieve agreed objectives.
- To assist in the preparation and coordination of project promotion in the run up to 2018 and in the final delivery of the event in 2018, with a view to achieve the highest impact and ensuring sustainability.
- To plan and contribute towards the direction of the organisation’s activities to achieve stated/agreed objectives
- To liaise with the rest of the team so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to fully inform the rest of the team of operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
The selected candidate shall, for the period during which he/she is performing such duties, be accountable to the Communications Coordinator, where he/she is deployed.
The period during which the selected applicant is performing duties as Marketing Officer is from April 2017 till December 2018.
Applicants must, by the closing date of submission of the application, be in possession of, or have been approved for;
A first degree in Marketing, Communications or related/relevant discipline or appropriate comparable qualification at the time of application for the post, recognised by the Malta Qualifications Council and have a minimum of three years’ experience in a related area.
The Marketing Officer should have the following qualities:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good IT skills
- Understand the target audience
- Works on own initiative
- Available and willing to work long hours without direct supervision
- Can work evenings and weekends only when necessary
- Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Have an eye for detail and be very accurate in their work
- Have imagination and good visual sense
Contract and salary
- This post is a contract for service contract on a definite basis.
- Payment will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are to send an application letter together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae on email@example.com by not later than Tuesday 11th April, at noon.
Applicants should clearly specify they are applying for the post of ‘Marketing Officer’ in the subject of their email.