Hospitality & Welcome Officer
January 2017-December 2018
In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. The ECoC will include all the Maltese Islands.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the Cultural Programme, which will enable the participation of the citizens of Malta and Europe and will form an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta. As part of its strategy to blend the local with the international, the Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of a Hospitality and Welcome Officer to work closely with the International team in welcoming and hosting artists and delegates for a series of artistic and cultural events.
The Hospitality Officer will
- report directly to the Hospitality Manager.
- assemble and coordinate schedules of the guests of the Foundation.
- execute mass bookings, maintain the upkeep of administrative and financial records and other executive and administrative tasks as set by the Hospitality Manager engaged by the Foundation.
- follow up on partnerships with hotels, restaurants and other stakeholders and book en masse as required for medium to large-scale events.
- ensure that guests of the Foundation are well looked after and are given the best possible experience during their stay, by acting as their main contact point for whatever needs.
The Hospitality and Welcome Officer should
- be able to work under pressure and think of fast solutions
- be very organised
- have outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- have a solid understanding of hospitality procedures and best practices
- be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, and regularly present at the Valletta 2018 offices
- have a driving license and own transport
and would ideally possess
- experience in diplomacy and protocol
- experience in hosting within large-scale events and
- concierge experience
This post is a contract for service contract on a definite basis.
Payment will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications, as per below timeline:
Liaise with the Hospitality Manager and the hotels, restaurants and other stakeholders for booking tied to medium to large-scale events, including the Informal Network meeting for past, present and future European Capitals of Culture in October 2017 and Opening Weekend in January 2018.
(expected: early to mid-2017)
Coordination, scheduling of the hospitality and welcome for the Informal Network Meeting
(expected: mid-2017 up to October 2017)
Coordination and scheduling of the hospitality and welcome for the Opening Weekend in January 2018
(expected: mid-2017 up to January 2018)
Coordination and scheduling of the hospitality and welcome for other events during 2018
(expected: January 2018 onwards)
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV should reach the email firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than midnight (CET), Monday 26th December 2016.