Programming Administration Officer
January 2017-March 2019
In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. The ECoC will include all the Maltese Islands, with an aim to spread the impacts throughout the whole Maltese territory.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the Cultural Programme, which will enable the participation of the citizens of Malta and Europe and will form an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta. The Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of a Programming Administration Officer to work closely with the Artistic Direction team over the period January 2017 to March 2019 inclusive.
The Programming Administration Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assisting the Programming Team in their functions, particularly related to admin and management of budgetary documentation
- Arranging and following up on meetings as necessary
- Assisting in matters of general administration including the management of schedules
- Managing and updating all necessary electronic and paper documentation directly related to the Programming Team
- Managing requests for communication with the Programming Team and relay communication as necessary including screening phone calls, enquiries and requests.
- Making proper use and taking care of equipment and materials.
- Collating and compiling information related to insurance, accounting and procedure
- Collating and following up on contracts and other agreements
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and various external organisations as necessary
- Attending committees and meetings as required by the role
- Minute taking of meetings attended and conducted and any reporting thereafter
- Writing reports and preparing presentations as necessary
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements as necessary
- Reporting when requested to the Executive Director and/or Chairman of the Foundation
- Paying special attention to the management of budgets, cash flows and financial projections in liaison with the Accounts Team
The Programming Administration Officer will have the following experience and qualifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills particularly Excel
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, Maltese and ideally another European language
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working in a busy office environment
- A minimum of EQF Level 5 Education
- Understanding and appreciation of the arts and the cultural sector
- Driving License and own transport
- A strong financial sense and solid basic accounting skills
The Programming Administration Officer should have the following qualities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Works on own initiative
- Available and willing to work long hours without direct supervision
- Can work evenings and weekends only when necessary
- Can be flexible in terms of availability at short notice
- Can work under pressure
This post is a contract for service contract on a definite basis.
Payment will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications.
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV should reach the email email@example.com by not later than Wednesday 21st December 2016.