The Valletta 2018 Foundation, responsible for compiling, and eventually implementing the bid for Valletta as a European Capital of Culture in 2018, requires the services of a Sponsorship Officer.
The selected candidate must actively seek willing partners and sponsors for the Valletta 2018 programme, linking specific projects with suitable partners and subsequently nurturing the link between them.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To identify and action the needs and potentials of the Valletta 2018 programme and its individual projects with respect to support from external sponsors;
- To work closely with the Programme, Communications and Research Departments of the Valletta 2018 Foundation;
- Develop and present creative and engaging partnership proposals based on the main values of the Valletta 2018 Foundation;
- To communicate the Valletta 2018 programme clearly to stakeholders and partners;
- To actively source potential partners using creativity and non-traditional means;
- To continue correspondence with partners and nurture relationships between projects and their respective partners;
- To draft and refine tools such as documentation, presentations and visual material in order to attract and retain external sponsors;
- Collate and maintain data related to the Foundation’s partners and ensure that each partner is adequately represented within the Programme and overall Valletta 2018 communications;
- Give guidance and control quality of all information collected from the various Valletta 2018 Foundation departments;
- Manage, direct and deliver incumbent partners’ contractual rights with the assistance of Valletta 2018 Foundation Legal Officer;
- Coordinate and disseminate sponsorship-related information with other Valletta 2018 Foundation departments;
- Formulate sponsorship proposals, finalise deals and ensure sponsorship requirements are met;
- Host sponsors during Valletta 2018 events and projects.
- Must be able to communicate and write well in the Maltese and English languages
- Must have good interpersonal and social skills
- Must have excellent negotiation skills
- Must have proven analytical skills and good report writing skills
- Must be IT Literate and have experience using relevant software applications
- Must be able to work according to set deadlines
- Must be in possession of a clean police conduct
- Prior experience in securing and effectively managing sponsorship will be considered an asset.
The selected candidate will be required to report at the Programme Coordinator and the Executive Director.
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV should reach the email email@example.com by not later than Monday 28th November 2016, 5pm with the position in the subject title.