In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. The ECoC will include all the Maltese Islands, with an aim to spread the impacts throughout the whole Maltese territory.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the Cultural Programme, which will enable the participation of the citizens of Malta and Europe and will form an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta. The Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking to engage the services of a Content Writer/ Administrator will be required to update content on the website regularly using the Foundation’s established Content Management System (WordPress).
The Website Content Writer/ Administrator will act under the guidance and supervision of the Valletta 2018 Communications team, but will be expected to work on his or her own initiative, in liaison with other teams, with drive and enthusiasm.
The Website Content Writer/ Administrator will be required to:
- Be fully up to date with all Valletta 2018 Infrastructure Projects and the Cultural Programme;
- Upload Events
- Update the Cultural Programme when necessary
- Write and Upload blog posts when necessary
- Ensure that all information communicated relating to each project is accurate;
- Ensure the smooth running of the website;
- Inform the Communications Department of any glitches;
- Write any material necessary in either Maltese or English to a high standard;
- Translate content from English to Maltese or vice versa to a high standard;
- Coordinate photography or audio-visual material as necessary;
- Ensure that all permissions to use images or audio-visual material (in case the publications are used online) are in place;
- Communicate in a clear, distinctive and appealing voice to inform, as well as excite, the general public, and promote further engagement with Valletta 2018
The Website Content Writer/Administrator will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Have a basic knowledge of HTML and image editing software
- Have knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Have a minimum of EQF Level 5 Education
- Have minimum of two years’ experience of working in content creation and/or marketing and communications
- Have knowledge of word processing and design programmes
- Create content for different target audiences
The Website Content Writer/ Administrator should have the following qualities:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good IT skills
- Understand the target audience
- Works on own initiative
- Available and willing to work long hours without direct supervision
- Can work evenings and weekends only when necessary
- Can be flexible in terms of availability at short notice
- Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Have an eye for detail and be very accurate in their work
- Have imagination and good visual sense
Contract and salary
- This post is a contract for service contract on a definite basis.
- Payment will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications.
- Application from both full-time and part-time applicants will be considered
Interested applicants are to send an application letter together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae on email@example.com by not later than Friday 3rd March, at noon.
Applicants should clearly specify they are applying for the post of ‘Website Content Admin’ in the subject of their email.