In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. The ECoC will include all the Maltese Islands, with an aim to spread the impacts throughout the whole Maltese territory.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the Cultural Programme, which will enable the participation of the citizens of Malta and Europe and will form an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta. The Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of two Administration Officers to work closely with the Communications and Research teams over the period September 2016 to December 2018 inclusive.
The Administration Officers will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assisting the Teams in their functions, particularly related to admin and management of budgetary documentation, including the sourcing of and obtaining of quotations and ordering items;
- Arranging and following up on meetings as necessary;
- Assisting in matters of general administration including the management of schedules;
- Collating information in liasion with artists and academics and updating all necessary documentation;
- Managing requests for communication with the Teams and relay communication as necessary including screening phonecalls, enquiries and requests;
- Making proper use and taking care of equipment and materials;
- Collating and following up on contracts and other agreements;
- Collating and compiling information related to accounting, insurance and procedure;
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and various external organisations as necessary;
- Attending meetings and reporting thereafter as required by the role;
- Writing reports and preparing presentations as necessary;
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements as necessary;
- Making arrangements with third parties as necessary;
- Ensuring that all procedures related to events have been succesfully followed the day before an event;
- Reporting when requested to the Executive Director and / or Chairman of the Foundation;
- Paying special attention to the management of budgets, cashflows and financial projections in liaison with the Accounts Team.
The Administration Officers will have the following experience and qualifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills particularly Excel;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, Maltese and ideally another European language;
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working in a busy office environment;
- A minimum of EQF Level 5 Education;
- Understanding and appreciation of the arts and the cultural sector;
- Driving License and own transport;
- A strong financial sense and solid basic accounting skills.
The Administration Officers should have the following qualities
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Works on own initiative;
- Available and willing to work long hours without direct supervision;
- Can work evenings and weekends only when necessary;
- Can be flexible in terms of availability at short notice;
- Can work under pressure.
This post is a contract for service contract on a definite basis.
Interested applicants are to send an application letter together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae on firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Monday 5th September, noon.
Applicants should clearly specify they are applying for the post of ‘Administration Officer’ in the subject of their email and if they are seeking a full-time or part-time position.