March 2017-December 2018
Valletta 2018 Foundation
In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. The ECoC will include all the Maltese Islands.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the Cultural Programme, which will enable the participation of the citizens of Malta and Europe and will form an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta.
As part of its strategy to blend the local with the international, the Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of a Hospitality Coordinator to work closely with the International team in welcoming and hosting artists and delegates for a series of artistic and cultural events.
The Hospitality Coordinator will
- head and coordinate a Hospitality team to ensure the successful run of the hospitality within events including the 2018 Opening Weekend.
- create and train a hospitality team of volunteers, hand in hand with the Tal-Kultura volunteers manager and officer.
- negotiate with hotels, restaurants and any other stakeholders for the best possible partnerships, especially in view of mass bookings required, as well as facilitate discussions for the necessary communications visibility to be had through said establishments.
- ensure that guests of the Foundation are well looked after and are given the best possible experience during their stay.
- oversee the execution of mass bookings, the upkeep of administrative and financial records and other managerial tasks as set by the Foundation.
The Hospitality Coordinator should
- be able to work under pressure and think of fast solutions
- be a strong negotiator
- be Maltese-speaking, but have outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in English as well as Maltese and ideally another European language
- have a solid understanding of hospitality procedures and best practices
- be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, and regularly present at the Valletta 2018 offices
- be able to work well within and across departments within the Foundation, especially the Programming and Communications departments
- have a driving license and own transport
The following will be considered an asset:
- experience and qualification in accreditation, protocol and diplomacy
- experience in hospitality for large-scale events and
- concierge experience
This post is a full-time contract for service on a definite basis.
Payment will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications.
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV should reach firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Monday 13th March 2017 at 12pm (CET+1).