January 2017-December 2018
In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. The ECoC will include all the Maltese Islands.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the Cultural Programme, which will enable the participation of the citizens of Malta and Europe and will form an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta.
As part of our strategy to blend the local with the international, the Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of a Hospitality Manager to work closely with the International team in welcoming and hosting for a series of artistic and cultural events.
The Hospitality Manager will
- be responsible for the successful run of the hospitality within events such as the 2018 Opening Weekend, the Informal Network Meeting and others.
- assemble and coordinate schedules and tasks of a Hospitality team, in the run up and during 2018.
- identify core roles within the hospitality aspect of the Cultural Programme to create and train a hospitality team of volunteers, hand in hand with the Tal-Kultura volunteers manager and officer.
- negotiate with hotels, restaurants and any other stakeholders for the best possible partnerships, especially in view of mass bookings required, as well as facilitate discussions for the necessary communications visibility to be had through said establishments.
- ensure that guests of the Foundation are well looked after and are given the best possible experience during their stay.
- oversee the execution of mass bookings, the upkeep of administrative and financial records and other managerial tasks as set by the Foundation.
The Hospitality Manager should
- be able to work under pressure and think of fast solutions
- be a strong negotiator
- have outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in English, Maltese and ideally another European language
- have a solid understanding of hospitality procedures and best practices
- be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, and regularly present at the Valletta 2018 offices, even if at short notice
- be able to work well within and across departments within the Foundation, especially the Programming and Communications departments
- have a driving license and own transport
and would ideally possess
- experience and qualification in accreditation, protocol and diplomacy
- experience in hospitality for large-scale events and
- concierge experience
This post is a contract for service contract on a definite basis.
Payment will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications, as per below timeline:
Negotiations with hotels, restaurants and secure hotel partnerships and bookings for large-scale events, including the Informal Network Meeting for past, present and future European Capitals of Culture in October 2017 and Opening Weekend in January 2018.
(expected: early 2017)
Coordination of own internal team, and with Tal-Kultura to create a strong hospitality team of volunteers.
(expected: early 2017)
Overall coordination of the hospitality for the Informal Network Meeting
(expected: mid-2017 up to October 2017)
Overall coordination of the hospitality for the Opening Weekend in January 2018
(expected: mid-2017 up to January 2018)
Overall coordination of the hospitality for other events during 2018
(expected: January 2018 onwards)
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV should reach the email firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Monday 26th December 2016.