JobPlus Permit No. 206/2018
PUBLIC CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF ACCOUNTS SUPPORT OFFICER ON A FIXED-TERM BASIS
WITH THE VALLETTA 2018 FOUNDATION
IN THE MINISTRY FOR JUSTICE, CULTURE AND LOCAL GOVENERMENT
6th July 2018
Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender.
- The Executive Director of the Valletta 2018 Foundation invites applications for the position of Accounts Support Officer.
Duration of assignment and Conditions
2.1 The selected candidate will enter into an assignment as an Accounts Support Officer with the Valletta 2018 Foundation, with a termination date of 31.03.19.
2.2 The position of Accounts Support Officer is subject to a probationary period of 3 months.
2.3 Since the position of Accounts Support Officer is time-barred, it falls under Regulation7(4) of LN 51/2007 entitled Contracts of Service for a Fixed Term Regulations (2007), as substituted by Reg 3(b)(4) of LN 239/2008 in view that this position is tied to a specific end time period.
Salary pegged to the position
- The salary attached to the position of Accounts Support Officer is equivalent to the minimum point of Salary Scale 9 (currently €20,590) rising by an increment of €447.33 on 01.01.19. The successful applicant will also be entitled to a Performance Bonus of up to 10% of the basic pay.
- The duties of the Accounts Support Officer include:
- Assisting management in the implementation of financial management reforms, particularly those relating to accrual accounting;
- Processing invoices and other payments, and authorising departmental requisitions, Local Purchase Orders and Payment Vouchers;
- Processing virements of funds across budgetary items and raising Transfer Schedules and Transfer and Adjustment Vouchers through the Departmental Accounting System;
- Compiling periodic reports including quarterly accrual accounting reports, monthly revised estimates, Treasury cashflow projections and other financial reports as required;
- Reviewing management accounts, cash flow statements and other financial reports presented to the Corporate Services Directorate;
- Supervising and assisting as necessary in the issue and closing of overseas travel advances and the subsequent reimbursement procedures, where applicable;
- Assisting in select duties related to EU funds;
- Assisting in the procurement related to travel;
- Assisting in the procurement related to electronics;
- Assisting management in the daily running of the Accounts Unit;
- Providing supervision to staff members performing duties under his/her responsibility;
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the Valletta 2018 Foundation;
- The selected candidate shall, for the period during which he/she is performing such duties, be accountable to the Executive Director of the Foundation or her appointed representative.
5.1 By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be:
(i) (a) citizens of Malta; or
(b) citizens of other Member States of the European Union who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters of employment by virtue of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
(c) citizens of any other country who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment by virtue of the application to that country of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
(d) any other persons who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment in terms of the law or the above-mentioned EU legislation and treaty provisions, on account of their family relationship with persons mentioned in paragraph (a), (b) or (c); or
(e) third country nationals who have been granted long-term resident status in Malta under regulation 4 of the “Status of Long-Term Residents (Third Country Nationals) Regulations, 2006” or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18(3) thereof, together with family members of such third country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the “Family Reunification Regulations, 2007”.
f. The advice of the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs within the Identity Malta Agency should be sought as necessary in the interpretation of the above provisions.
g. The appointment of candidates referred to at (b), (c), (d) and (e) above would necessitate the issue of an employment licence in so far as this is required by the Immigration Act and subsidiary legislation. Jobsplus should be consulted as necessary on this issue.
ii. able to communicate in Maltese and English;
iii. in possession of a recognised degree, at MQF Level 6, in Accounting or a related area, or an appropriate recognised comparable qualification, plus one (1) year relevant work experience, or
iv. Public Officer in a Scale not below Scale 12, whose appointment in such scale has been confirmed, or Public Sector employees at a comparable level of responsibility and whose appointment in such level has been confirmed, with four (4) years relevant work experience.
5.2 Qualifications at a level higher than that specified above will be accepted for eligibility purposes, provided they meet any specified subject requirements.
Moreover, candidates who have not yet formally obtained any of the above-mentioned qualifications will still be considered, provided that they submit evidence that they have been approved for the award of the qualifications in question, or successfully completed the necessary ECTS/ECVETS credits, or equivalent, taken as part of a recognized MQF level program of study, as required in the afore-mentioned eligibility criteria or higher, by the closing time and date of the call for applications.
5.3 Applicants must be of conduct which is appropriate to the position applied for (applicants who are already in the Malta Public Service must produce a Service and Leave Record Form (GP 47); those applying from outside the Service must produce a Certificate of Conduct issued by the Police or other competent authority not earlier than one (1) month from the date of application and state whether they have ever been in Government Service, giving details).
5.4 Applicants must be eligible to take up their due appointment, in terms of 5.1 to 5.3 above, not only by the closing time and date of this call for applications but also on the date of appointment.
5.5 Prospective applicants should note the requirement to produce MQRIC recognition statements in respect of their qualifications from MQRIC, or other designated authorities, as applicable, as per provisions applicable to this call for applications (see link below).
Submission of supporting documentation
6.1 Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials, copies of which should be attached to the application. Scanned copies sent electronically are acceptable.
6.2 Original certificates and/or testimonials are to be invariably produced for verification at the interview.
7.1 Eligible applicants will be assessed by a Selection Board to determine their suitability for the position. The maximum mark for this selection process is 100 and the pass mark is 50.
7.2 Due consideration will be given to applicants who, besides the requisites indicated in paragraphs 5.1 to 5.2, have proven relevant work experience.
Submission of applications
Applications, together with a curriculum vitae showing qualifications and experience and an updated Service and Leave Record Form (GP47), where applicable, will be received by email on [email protected] or by post to Valletta 2018 Foundation, Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta, VLT1117 by not later than noon (Central European Time) of Friday 20th July 2018. In the case of Public Sector employees performing duties in the Public Service and RSSL employees, these are to present their paid and unpaid Leave and Sick Leave records for the last four years, including any records of any disciplinary actions that may have been taken in the absence of which, it will be understood that no disciplinary action was ever taken. In the case of Public Sector employees performing duties in the Public Service, they are also to produce confirmation from the DCS of the Ministry where they are performing duties, that they are officially performing duties in such Ministry. Applications can also be submitted through the Online Government Recruitment Portal on http://recruitment.gov.mt by the said closing time and date of this call for applications. Further details concerning the submission of applications are contained in the general provisions referred to below.
Other general provisions
- Other general provisions concerning this call for applications, with particular reference to:
- applicable benefits, conditions and rules/regulations;
- reasonable accommodation for registered persons with disability;
- the submission of recognition statements in respect of qualifications;
- the publication of the result;
- the process for the submission of petitions concerning the result;
- medical examination;
- access to application forms and related details;
- retention of documents
may be viewed by accessing the website of the People & Standards Division at the address https://publicservice.gov.mt/en/people/Pages/PeopleResourcingandCompliance/FormsandTemplates.aspx These general provisions are to be regarded as an integral part of this call for applications.
The website address, fax number and e-mail address of the receiving Entity are www.valletta2018.org, [email protected] and Valletta 2018 Foundation, Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta, VLT1117.