In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. The ECoC will include all the Maltese Islands, with an aim to spread the impacts throughout the whole Maltese territory.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the Cultural Programme, which will enable the participation of the citizens of Malta and Europe and will form an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta. The Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of a Communications Administration Officer to work closely with the Communications team until December 2018 inclusive.
The Communications Administration Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assisting the Communications Team in their functions, particularly related to admin and management of budgetary documentation, including the sourcing of and obtaining of quotations and ordering items;
- Arranging and following up on meetings as necessary;
- Assisting in matters of general administration including the management of schedules; booking guests for interviews, etc;
- Collating information in liaison with artists and updating all necessary documentation;
- Managing requests for communication with the Team and relay communication as necessary including screening phone calls, enquiries and requests;
- Making proper use and taking care of equipment and materials;
- Collating and following up on contracts and other agreements;
- Collating and compiling information related to financial procedure;
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and various external organisations as necessary;
- Attending meetings and reporting thereafter as required by the role;
- Assisting with writing reports and preparing presentations as necessary;
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements as necessary;
- Ensuring that all procedures related to events have been successfully followed the day before an event;
- Reporting when requested to the Executive Director and / or Chairman of the Foundation;
- Paying special attention to the management of budgets, cashflows and financial projections in liaison with the Accounts Team.
The Communications Administration Officer will have the following experience and qualifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills particularly Excel;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Maltese;
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working in a busy office environment;
- A minimum of EQF Level 5 Education;
- Understanding and appreciation of the arts and the cultural sector;
- Driving License and own transport;
- Solid basic accounting skills
The Communications Administration Officer should have the following qualities
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Works on own initiative;
- Available and willing to work long hours without direct supervision;
- Can work evenings and weekends when necessary;
- Can be flexible in terms of availability at short notice;
- Can work under pressure.
Contract and salary
This position is available on a Contract for Service basis (i.e. freelance against VAT) for a definite period of time. The person will be expected to work an 40 hours per week from the premises of the Valletta 2018 Foundation. The person selected for this role will be required to work 08:30 -17:30 with a one-hour break from Monday to Friday. The individual is to be VAT registered and a fiscal invoice is to be provided for services offered.
The salary package for this position is €1694.92 (excluding VAT) monthly.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV to [email protected]. Applicants should clearly specify they are applying for the post of ‘Communications Administration Officer’ in the subject of their email.
Alternatively, applications can be delivered by hand to the Valletta 2018 Foundation offices, Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta.
Deadline for submission is Friday 24th November 2017 at noon.