Special Events Assistant Coordinator
Dates: 1st July 2017 – 31st December 2018
In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. The EcoC will include all the Maltese Islands, with an aim to spread the impacts throughout the whole Maltese territory.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the Cultural Programme, which will enable the participation of the citizens of Malta and Europe and will form an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta. The Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of a Special Events Assistant Coordinator to work closely with the Special Events team over the period July 2017 to December 2018 inclusive.
The Special Events Assistant Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assisting the Special Events Team in their functions, particularly related to general admin and management of budgetary documentation, including the sourcing of and obtaining of quotations and ordering items as per the Foundation’s standard procurement procedures; management of schedules, ordering office supplies, filing and general running of the office;
- Arranging and following up on meetings as necessary; attending meetings, taking minutes and reporting thereafter as required by the role;
- Writing reports and preparing presentations as necessary;
- Collating and compiing information related to accounting, insurance and procedure;
- Assisting in matters of general administration including the management of schedules, booking guests for interviews, etc.;
- Collating information in liasion with artists and updating all necessary documentation;
- Managing requests for communication with the Team and relay communication as necessary including screening phonecalls, enquiries and requests;
- Making proper use and taking care of equipment and materials;
- Collating and following up on contracts and other agreements;
- Collating and compiling information related to financial procedure;
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and various external organisations as necessary;
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements as necessary;
- Ensuring that all procedures related to events have been successfully followed the day before an event;
- Making arrangements with third parties as necessary;
- Reporting to the Artistic Director Special Events, the Executive Director and/ or Chairman of the Foundation;
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations as necessary;
- Make himself/herself available for general errands as needed by the team, and Special Events projects;
- Conduct research as required.
The Special Events Assistant Coordinator will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills particularly Excel and Word;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Maltese;
- A minimum of EQF level 5 Education;
- Understanding and appreciation of the arts and the cultural sector;
- Driving Licence and own transport;
- Experience of working in a busy office environment will be considered an asset.
The Special Events Assistant Coordinator should have the following qualities
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Works on own initiative;
- Available and willing to work long hours without direct supervision;
- Can work evenings and weekends when necessary;
- Can be flexible int terms of availability at short notice;
- Can work under pressure.
This post is a contract for service contract on a definite basis, i.e. freelance against VAT.
Interested applicants are to send an application letter together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae on [email protected] by not later than Wednesday 31st May 2017, noon.