The Communities and Projects Officer – Valletta Design Cluster, forms part of the Valletta 2018 Foundation’s flagship initiatives for the European Capital of Culture. The role of the Communities and Projects Officer is needed to support the Cluster’s infrastructural and capacity building interventions.
The person in the role will be reporting directly to the Valletta Design Cluster Project Leader.
1. The main duties are:
- to support the Project Leader in the coordination and implementation of the infrastructure-related interventions at the identified project site;
- to support the Project Leader in the coordination, administration, communication, stakeholder management, and other related tasks linked to national, European and other international funding for the project;
- to support the Project Leader in the project’s community-building and networking efforts, on local, national and international levels, and support and develop links and relationships with the various stakeholders involved in the project;
- to be actively aware of all collaborations and interactions that the Valletta Design Cluster shall be developing with various partners, and to propose and assist in the development of healthy and fruitful new and ongoing partnerships and collaborations;
- to represent the Valletta Design Cluster on national and international fora and meetings and to contribute to such fora and meetings, under the guidance of the Project Leader;
- to plan and contribute towards the strategic priorities of the Valletta Design Cluster, in terms of design promotion activity, education-related initiatives, start-up support, internationalisation efforts, and related support and collaboration initiatives with the Malta-based design community and practitioners.
- to liaise with all the necessary partners, including the Valletta 2018 Foundation team and the relevant public cultural organisations and cultural NGOs and individuals, so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of the Cluster’s development, and to fully inform the rest of the partners and team members of the Cluster’s strategic and operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
2. The employee shall, for the period during which they are performing such duties, be accountable to the Valletta Design Cluster Project Leader.
3. The period during which the employee is performing duties as Communites and Projects Officer – Valletta Design Cluster, is three (3) years.
Interested applicants are to send an application letter together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae on [email protected] by not later than Tuesday 11th April, at noon.
Applicants should clearly specify they are applying for the post of ‘Communites and Projects Officer’ in the subject of their email.
Costs for this position may be eligible for reimbursement through ERDF.