In 2018, Valletta will hold the title of European Capital of Culture. The ECoC will include all the Maltese Islands, with an aim to spread the impacts throughout the whole Maltese territory.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the Cultural Programme, which will enable the participation of the citizens of Malta and Europe and will form an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta. The Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of a Part Time Research Administration Officers to work closely with the Research team over the period April 2017 to December 2018 inclusive.
The Administration Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Arranging and following up on meetings as necessary
- Assisting in matters of general administration including the management of schedules
- Managing requests for communication with the Teams and relay communication as necessary including screening phonecalls, enquiries and requests
- Attending meetings, taking minutes and reporting thereafter as required by the role
- Writing reports and preparing presentations as necessary
- Assisting the Teams in their functions, particularly related to admin and management of budgetary documentation, including the sourcing of and obtaining of quotations and ordering items
- Collating and following up on contracts and other agreements
- Collating and compiling information related to accounting, insurance and procedure
- Collating information in liasion with artists and academics and updating all necessary documentation
- Making proper use and taking care of equipment and materials
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and various external organisations as necessary
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements as necessary
- Making arrangements with third parties as necessary
- Ensuring that all procedures related to events have been succesfully followed the day before an event
- Reporting when requested to the Executive Director and / or Chairman of the Foundation.
Experience and qualifications
The Research Administration Officer will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills particularly Excel
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Maltese
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working in a busy office environment
- A minimum of EQF Level 5 Education
- Understanding and appreciation of the arts and the cultural sector
- Driving License and own transport
- A strong financial sense and solid basic accounting skills.
The Research Administration Officer should have the following qualities:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Works on own initiative
- Available and willing to work long hours without direct supervision
- Can work evenings and weekends only when necessary
- Can be flexible in terms of availability at short notice
- Can work under pressure.
This post is a contract for service contract on a definite basis.
The selected candidate will be expected to work on a 20 hour week basis, Monday to Friday 0900-1300 hours. Additional working hours during the week of the Valletta 2018 Foundation’s annual conference may be required, including afternoons and evenings.
Interested applicants are to send an application letter together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae on [email protected] by not later than Monday 3rd April, at noon.
Applicants should clearly specify they are applying for the post of ‘Part Time Research Administration Officer’ in the subject of their email.