Bodies in Urban Spaces
A moving trail conceived by Willi Dorner
10, 11 November 2018
CALLING ALL ATHLETES, DANCE AND THEATRE PERFORMERS!
The world-famous event, Bodies in Urban Spaces, has travelled numerous cities, from South Korea to Miami, to be staged here in Malta as part of the Valletta 2018 Cultural Programme! Bodies in Urban Spaces is a moving trail, choreographed for a group of performers who will lead an audience through a selected path of public spaces.
We are looking for 20 enthusiastic people to form part of such an exciting journey. This is a brilliant opportunity to be part of a project by internationally renowned choreographer Willi Dorner!
An audition, coordinated by Doug Comely, will be held at:
- 10:00am– 12.00pm on the 29th September 2018.
- Location: ŻfinMalta studios, Mediterranean Conference Centre, Hospital, Street, Il-Belt Valletta VLT 1645
Simply send an e-mail to [email protected] titled: ‘Bodies in Urban Spaces Auditions’ attaching a CV by 10th September 2018.
- Performers with experience in physical theatre, breakdancing, contemporary, contact improv and those with an interest in parkour are particularly encouraged to apply!
- Athletes and anyone with a passionate interest in sports are also highly encouraged to apply!
- Any gender aged 18 and up.
A rehearsal period will run from a few days prior to the events (the week starting with Monday 5th November 2018). The events will be on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 November.
Attendance at all days will be mandatory unless otherwise stated closer to the event.
A flat fee including VAT will be paid for the rehearsals and performances in November upon a valid receipt of an invoice including a registered VAT number.
Bodies in Urban Spaces is a collaboration with ŻiguŻajg Festival.