The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of Valletta’s title of European Capital of Culture in 2018. The primary function of the Foundation is the success of its Cultural Programme for which an efficient ticketing system is necessary. The Foundation would like to engage the services of a Ticketing Officer to coordinate this ticketing system.
Scope of Service
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking to engage the services of a Ticketing Officer to coordinate aspects of the ticketing system of the Foundation. The Ticketing Officer will act under the guidance and supervision of the Valletta 2018 Programming team and in liaison with the Communications, Research and Tal-Kultura Volunteers Department. The Ticketing Officer will also be required to work closely with an external provider who will be engaged separately to supply the software and hardware of the ticketing system, scheduled to be launched in October 2017.
The Ticketing Officer will be expected to ensure the smooth running of this ticketing system, covering numerous events during 2018.
In the fulfilment of this service, the Ticketing Officer will be expected to perform the duties below;
- Ensure that the Valletta 2018 Ticketing Policy is applied correctly and sensibly;
- Keep fully up to date with the Valletta 2018 Cultural Programme;
- Collate & keep updated ticketing numbers, prices and types in coordination with Programming Team;
- Liaise with the provider responsible for the ticketing system to ensure smooth running of the system, ensuring that data is entered as necessary, and that hardware and personnel are in place at event venues;
- Work closely with the Communications Team to ensure consistency between all Valletta 2018 portals and the ticketing system;
- Input and calculate information efficiently and as needed to ensure that tickets are available for sale in good time, and that information such as attendance numbers and revenue are available and up to date;
- Ensure that certain needs such as reserved or VIP seating, and seating for audiences needing additional assistance are met;
- Liaise with collaborative entities with regard to seating plans, venue capacity and ticketing revenue;
- Liaise with the Accounts Department of the Foundation to ensure that revenue is calculated and received efficiently and accurately;
- Collate reports sent by entity responsible for ticketing
- Liaise with Research Department on matters of reporting and data extraction.
Experience and Qualifications
The Ticketing Officer will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Solid verbal, written, mathematical and computer skills;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, Maltese and ideally another European language;
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working in a busy office environment and with experience in customer service/ sales or ticketing-related services;
- A minimum of EQF Level 5 Education in a relevant subject;
- Driving License and own transport;
- Solid basic accounting skills;
- Be able to work on own initiative;
- Be flexible in terms of work time, work place, work requirements.
This is a contract for service contract on a definite basis.
Interested applicants are to send an application letter together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae on [email protected] by not later than Friday 10th March, at noon.
Applicants should clearly specify they are applying for the post of ‘Ticket Officer’ in the subject of their email.
Only those with the necessary qualifications, knowledge or experience need apply.