During and in the run up to the European Capital of Culture year in 2018, the Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of a Partnership and Sponsorship Officer to join a busy and energetic team in the coordination of the Cultural Programme for 2018.
The selected candidate must actively seek willing partners and partnerships for the Valletta 2018 programme, linking specific projects with suitable partners and subsequently nurturing the link between them.
This person would seek to build commercial bridges, not necessarily on a financial basis, yet of great community and participatory value and significance. S/he would do so by engaging local commercial outlets to support through cash or in-kind means local projects with strong social impact. S/he will also encourage local businesses to have a strong sense of ownership towards the EcoC title, and to share this spirit with local communities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To identify and action the needs and potentials of the Valletta 2018 programme and its individual projects with respect to support from external sponsors;
- To work closely with the Programme, Communications and Research Departments of the Valletta 2018 Foundation;
- To develop a partnership strategy that chooses partners responsibly and that, in turn, reflects the Valletta 2018 brand;
- Present creative and engaging partnership proposals based on the main values of the Valletta 2018 Foundation;
- To communicate the Valletta 2018 programme clearly to stakeholders and partners;
- To actively source potential partners using creativity and non-traditional means;
- To continue correspondence with partners and nurture relationships between projects and their respective partners;
- To draft and refine tools such as documentation, presentations and visual material in order to attract and retain external sponsors in collaboration with the Communication Department within the Foundation;
- Collate and maintain data related to the Foundation’s partners and ensure that each partner is adequately represented within the Programme and overall Valletta 2018 communications;
- Manage, direct and deliver incumbent partners’ contractual rights with the assistance of Valletta 2018 Foundation Legal Officer;
- Coordinate and disseminate sponsorship-related information with other Valletta 2018 Foundation departments;
- Formulate sponsorship proposals, finalise deals and ensure sponsorship requirements are met;
- Host partners during Valletta 2018 events and projects.
- Must be able to communicate and write well in the Maltese and English languages
- Must have excellent interpersonal and social skills
- Must have excellent negotiation skills
- Must have proven analytical skills and good report writing skills
- Must be IT Literate and have experience using relevant software applications
- Must be able to work according to set deadlines
- Must be in possession of a clean police conduct
- Prior experience in securing and effectively managing partnerships will be considered an asset
Contract and salary
This post is a contract for service contract on a definite basis.
Payment will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are to send an application letter together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae on firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Friday 31st January, at noon.
Applicants should clearly specify they are applying for the post of ‘Partnership and Sponsorship Officer’ in the subject of their email.