During and in the run up to the European Capital of Culture year in 2018, the Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of a Programme Assistant to join a busy and energetic team in the coordination of the Cultural Programme for 2018.
The suitable candidate will assist the Programme Coordinator, and will work closely with other members for the Programme Team as well as other departments within the Valletta 2018 Foundation.
The Programme Assistant will:
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in all areas of the Cultural Programme;
- Liaise with artists and producers to ensure that planned productions take place efficiently and within budget;
- Liaise with other members of the Programme Team on budgets, time-lines, reporting and duties;
- Follow up on contracts and budget time-lines as necessary;
- Report regularly and as requested to the Executive Director and Programme Coordinator;
- Cover any areas of programming and production that may be needed in the course of the planning and implementation of the Cultural Programme.
The Programme Assistant should
- be able to work under pressure and think of fast solutions;
- be very organised;
- have outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
- have a solid understanding of local and international cultural sectors, programming, production and technical best practices;
- have excellent computer and new media skills;
- be able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
and would ideally possess
- minimum of three years’ experience of working in a busy environment within the cultural or event management sector;
- A minimum of EQF Level 5 Education/ Bachelors Degree;
- An understanding and appreciation of the arts and the cultural sector.
Contract and salary
This post is a contract for service contract on a definite basis.
Payment will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants are to send an application letter together with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae on firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than Friday 27th January, at noon.
Applicants should clearly specify they are applying for the post of ‘Programme Assistant’ in the subject of their email.