Programming Administration Officer
June 2018 – 31st December 2018
During 2018, Valletta holds the title of European Capital of Culture. The Valletta 2018 Foundation is responsible for the implementation of the EcoC Cultural Programme, which forms an integral and sustainable part of the long-term social, economic and cultural development of Valletta.
The Valletta 2018 Foundation is seeking the services of a Programming Administration Officer to work closely with the Programming team over the period June 2018 to December 2018.
The Programming Administration Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assisting coordinators, project managers and production teams with drafting of emails, preparation of documents, scanning and storage of project documents, and disseminating information related to the Cultural Programme
- Assisting the department to coordinate and schedule meetings, when necessary
- Assisting the Programming Team in their functions, particularly related to admin and management of budgetary documentation
- Being the Department’s liaison person for matters concerning the workplace, or the Foundation
- Being responsible for documenting, monitoring and tracking contracts related to the programme department
- Attending committees and meetings as required
- Being available in assisting coordinators to take minutes during meetings, when necessary
- Writing reports and preparing presentations as necessary
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and various external organisations as necessary
- Assisting the department coordinators and production teams with procurement of services related to projects
- Assisting in the administration of various cultural programmes
- Reporting to the Executive Director and/or Chairman of the Foundation whenever requested
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess an ECDL in word processing and spreadsheets
- Possess at least an ‘O’ level in English and Maltese. Being proficient in another European language shall be considered an asset.
- Holds at least an EQF level 5 education in management, administration or related subject
- Has a minimum of 1-year experience of working in an office environment
- Understanding and appreciation of the arts and the cultural sector
- Driving License and own transport is desirable but not essential
- Basic accounting skills is necessary. An ordinary/advance level in accounting is desirable.
Qualities and Skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Works on own initiative
- Available and willing to work long hours without direct supervision
- Can work evenings and weekends only whenever necessary
- Be flexible in terms of availability to work at short notice
- Can work under pressure
Contract Details and Working Hours
This successful candidate shall enter into a Contract for Service with the Valletta 2018 Foundation on a definite basis. The successful candidate shall be required to work a flexible 30-hour week throughout the period of engagement.
The successful candidate is to have a VAT number and is to submit a monthly detailed fiscal invoice for payment purposes.
Terms and Conditions
Prospective candidates are to send their application form and detailed CV via email to [email protected] by not later than Monday 28th May 2018 at noon (12:00 hours).
Shortlisted candidates shall be requested to attend an interview at the Valletta 2018 Foundation on the 31st May or 1st June during office hours.