Mewġa Mużika is an interactive musical work curated by the Portuguese group ondamarela.
Rooted in co-operation and collaboration, the programme is open to people of all ages and musical backgrounds. It proposes the creation of a public music performance that builds bridges through music. Various communities take part in intensive workshops with maestro Tim Steiner, to create a big community orchestra.
The result is a unique and irreplicable concert that reflects the diverse memories, worldview and culture of the communities involved. Mewġa Mużika reinforces the idea that all citizens can have a large-scale impact on artistic initiatives in a structured, rigorous and ludic way, while also creating a platform for local musicians from all genres and walks of life.
The final concert, taking place on Sunday 9th September, and which will see the participation of over 300 musicians, will be held at the Mdina Ditch and starts at 7pm. However, make your way down to Mdina early, as the whole day promises to be a fun family day out!
- Culture tree activity by Tal-Kultura Programme
- Freestyle corner – Try your hand at an instrument
- Random musical interventions by ondamarela
10.00 – 11.00
- Moving with music session
11.00 – 12.00
- Rhythm and percussion workshop
- Greenhouse Malta – The importance of sound in communication in nature
12.00 – 13.00
- Solar Cinema – Stop motion workshop
13.00 – 14.00
- Body Percussion workshop
14.00 – 16.00
- Oħloq Kultura – Invented music of cultures (for children)
16.00 – 18.00
- Shake it! – Popular Street Games and Movement
19.00 – 21.30
- Final performane with 300+ musicians
For more information, visit Mewġa Mużika’s Facebook Page.