The Valletta 2018 Foundation, responsible for compiling, and eventually implementing the bid for Valletta as a European Capital of Culture in 2018, requires the services of a Programming Accounts Officer.
Responsibilities include assisting the Programming Team of the Valletta 2018 Foundation in keeping track of programming projects accounts and working closely with the Foundation’s Accounting Team.
This opportunity offers a challenging experience within a young, dynamic and motivated team, working towards the compilation of the Valletta 2018 bid as a European Capital of Culture and eventually its implementation.
The chosen applicant will report to the Programme Coordinator and the Executive Director.
Objective of the Job
The position is concerned with assisting the Programming Team of the Valletta 2018 Foundation in keeping track of programming projects accounts in line with good practice, proper accounting standards and the enforcement of regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Programming Team in the running of their respective functions in the accounts payable function, preparation of monthly management accounts process, as well as periodic reports and presentations
- Compiling ad hoc reports as requested and providing timely and accurate feedback on all matters arising to senior management
- Researching the basis for tax positions to be taken
- Create a consolidated budget version for management approval and analyse monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls
- Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes
- Summarise budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests
- Propagate the approved budget throughout the organisation and explain issues as requested
- Compare actual to budgeted results at the end of each reporting period, and report on significant variances
- Maintain records of work performed
- Make accounting recommendations for improving and developing the functions of the Programming Team in terms of contracts
- Participate when appropriate and necessary in staff and team meetings
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time in a proper and professional manner
Qualifications & Experience
- A University of Malta Honours Degree in Accountancy OR the ACCA Qualification, OR is in the final stages of completion
- Candidates familiar with Income Tax Laws and budgeting capabilities will be given preference
- Candidates with experience using Access Dimensions Accounts package will be preferred
- Candidates with general knowledge of Public Service Procurement Regulations and General Employment Regulations will be preferred
- Must be able to communicate and write well in the Maltese and English languages
- Must have proven analytical skills and good report writing skills
- Must be IT Literate and have experience using relevant software applications
- Must be able to work according to set deadlines
- Must be in possession of a clean police conduct
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV should reach the email [email protected]2018.org by not later than Monday 28th November 2016.