This half-day symposium will bring people together to learn about and discuss the art programme established during these last years at Sir Anthony Mamo Oncology Centre. The Artist Residency is curated by Pamela Baldacchino, coordinator of Deep Shelter Project and forms part of the AiR Programme of the Valletta 2018 Foundation bridging arts, health and wellbeing.
The symposium will take place in the Conference Room in Radiotherapy Department at Sir Anthony Mamo Oncology Centre, Tal-Qroqq, Msida (next to Mater Dei).
We will welcome you from 14:00. The Symposium itself starts at 14:30 and will close at 18:00 with light refreshments and networking till 19:00.
1. Introductory talk by Dr. Ann Laenen
2. Deep Shelter documentary film by Tim Lewis
3. Kick-off discussion by Dr. Hilary Moss
4. Caldon Mercieca will moderate a discussion with Dr. Benna Chase, Marika Fleri and Pam Baldacchino
5. short tea break
6. Angelika Bock and Sergio Muscat presentation of international artist residency
7. Panel discussion open to audience
8. Refreshments and networking
This is a public event but seating is limited. Registration is on first come first served basis. To register, kindly follow this link.
The symposium is an initiative of Valletta 2018 Foundation, Deep Shelter Project and is supported by SAMOC.