The Malta Institute of Journalists in collaboration with Valletta 2018 Foundation has launched two awards with the aim of acknowledging local media coverage regarding the valuable work carried out by the Foundation.
The launch took place this afternoon during a press conference headed by Malta Institute of Journalists Chairman Karl Wright and Valletta 2018 Foundation Chairman Jason Micallef.
Karl Wright explained that through this initiative the Malta Institute of Journalists is furthering its investment in a new sector in order to recognise the work of local professional journalists while motivating positive reporting that seeks to educate on cultural matters.
Jason Micallef revealed his pleasure of endorsing the proposal submitted to him earlier this year by the Malta Institute of Journalists. He also described local media coverage as very good and useful.
ABOUT THE TWO AWARDS
- The awards shall recognise media coverage reporting the Foundation’s initiatives and activities that took place between the 1st of January 2016 and the 31st December 2016.
- An award shall be granted to photographic work accompanied by a written script.
- The other award shall be given to broadcasting work accompanied by a script.
- The adjudication board shall be composed of one representative designated by the Foundation and three other members who shall evaluate all submissions participating in the annual edition of the Malta Journalism Awards.
- Finalists shall be announced during March 2017.
- The respective winners shall be announced in May 2017 during the final night of the Malta Journalism Awards.