Description of the department/directorate/entity’s structure, functions and responsibilities
Can be found here: Who we are
General description of the categories of documents the department/directorate/entity holds (including exempt documents)
- Files and documents dealing with filling of vacancies for posts and positions in the Valletta 2018 Foundation;
- Files and documents on HR policies and regulations;
- Files and documents relating to contracts of employment and contract for service;
- Files and document relating to Insurance policies and other services;
- Files and documents relating to the Board of Governors of the Valletta 2018 Foundation;
- Contracts for Service;
- Consent forms for participants;
- Applications for endorsement and open calls;
- Procurement documentation (Call for Quotations, Contracts of Service);
- Budget and accounts related to specific projects;
- Data collected through surveys and interviews, workshops;
- Evaluation and monitoring reports;
- Collaboration agreements;
- Valletta 2018 Visual identity guidelines.
Description of all manuals and similar types of documents which contain policies, principles, rules or guidelines in accordance with which decisions or recommendations are made in respect of members of the public (including bodies corporate and employees of the public authority in their personal capacity)
- Public Service Management Code
- Government Manual on Resourcing Policies and Procedures
- Government Manual of Allowances
- Government Manual on Special Leaves
- Government Manual on Work-Life Balance Measures;
- In House Sustainability Policy;
- Events Sustainability Policy;
- Valletta 2018 Disability Inclusion Policy.
Statement of the information that needs to be available to members of the public who wish to obtain access to official documents from the public authority, which statement shall include particulars of the officer or officers to whom requests for such access should be sent:
Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta, VLT 1117
Details of Internal Complaints Procedure
An applicant whose request for information is refused, or who is otherwise not satisfied with the information provided, its format or the extension of the deadline for the submission of the notification indicating whether a request would be met or not, may address a complaint to the FOI address: [email protected]
Complaints may be submitted via email, or through the FOI portal www.foi.gov.mt.
The complaint should be addressed to the Public Authority’s FOI Officer. The officer responsible shall reply to the applicant within 10 working days from the receipt of the complaint. The applicant shall also be informed that he or she may appeal the decision or otherwise address a complaint to the Information and Data Protection Commissioner in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (Cap. 496 of the Laws of Malta).
The officer responsible shall inform the applicant of the decision taken with respect to his or her complaint, and in the event of confirmation of a decision not to release the pertinent information, shall explain the reasons thereof. Whenever the applicant’s complaint is related to the format of the information provided or to an extension of the deadline for the submission of the notification indicating whether a request would be met or not by the Public Authority and the original decision is upheld, the applicant shall be given an explanation as to why his or her complaint cannot be positively addressed.
An applicant may also make use of the Internal Complaints Procedure to report failure to meet deadlines or to send notifications. In those cases where the request for information can be met, but has not been met within the deadlines specified by the Act, the officer responsible shall waive any applicable fees for the submission of information.
Further information with regards the Freedom Of Information Act could be found on www.foi.gov.mt. Application and Complaint forms can be accessed through this website.
Payments are to be made in cash or cheque payable to “Valletta 2018 Foundation” at the Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta VLT 1117, during office hours.
Public Authority Contact Details
Valletta 2018 Foundation, Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta, VLT 1117
MJCL FOI Website: https://justice.gov.mt/en/ministry/Pages/Freedom-of-Information.aspx